- The amazing Cinema São Luiz main screen
- me at the lobby of the Cinema São Luiz waiting for the performance to start (body/face art by Scooter LaForge)
- Scooter LaForge and moi (photo by Rayanne Morais)
- moi (photo by Rayanne Morais)
Gazelle The Love Issue movie by director Cesar Terranova opened the third edition of the Recifest film festival in Recife, a city located on the northeast of Brazil; It was exactly one year after this movie’s world premiere at the Festival MixBrasil gay film festival in Sao Paulo, when it won the best national feature movie award.
This was indeed an amazing experience, and we – Cesar Terranova, Scooter LaForge and I – were so welcomed by the wonderful LGBT community of Recife.
The opening night had a performance that started with the screening of the short movie Castle LaForge which opened for me to reach the center stage, walking slowly, and spraying Angel all over, from the back of the theater seating map, then Scooter LaForge painted my back to the sound of The Flower Duet(Lakmé). You can see the end of this presentation HERE. Once the performance was over, the movie was played on the majestic screen of the Sao Luiz theater, a very iconic building that is preserve by the federal government.
At the end of the screening, we had a chance to meet so many people who came to support the festival. What a great night. The whole production staff of Recifest indeed deserves an applause; they are extremely professional.
- after the screening of “Gazelle The Love Issue”, Scooter and I had a chance to meet so many wonderful people who came to the opening of Recifest 2015
FreakChic by Gazelle Paulo